Enough cow for each letter of the alphabet !
Cadence, cow #26 is out of the barn. Hurrah!
Thanks to so many people who donate their bottles we have another cow. I know I won't remember everyone (I'll try who helped with this batch) - Kate and Murray, Beth, Murray Research, Dean's Office, ITS staff, Special Collections/Archives, Rita and Peter's Surveys. I've also sold a few items on Kijiji donated by Mia - thanks Mia.
As many of you know I started donating locally last year after my adventure in trying to trade coupons to buy a cow - we came close to paying for one whole cow but it was not the way to go.
However, with Shopper's points that people have donated, coupons, icoke pins etc, I have been able to put together an ongoing "give local" project for the Drop-in Centre at Aids Saskatoon that helps people and families who have someone who is HIV positive. Many of these people are dealing with homelessness and poverty and donations that for basic health and hygiene as well as Ensure and Boost are helpful.
If you know anyone who would like to give their bottles to the cow, let me know. I'm happy to pick up and recycle them. :-)
Let's work together to help out more locally
I would love to have a small group of people who focused on helping out locally either by contributing some time and collecting small items that help:
- icoke pins
- Disney reward codes
- lots of different reward codes are helpful for donations -- I'll happily send you the list
- barcodes from some products like Pampers, Bluewater frozen seafood, Kodak printer, cameras or paper **really want Kodak barcodes**
- travel size soaps and shampoos,
- gently used gift bags and store paper bags like AE or the Gap
- gently used plastic grocery bags
- and much much more ....
Or if you are able to donate money (it takes about $100+/month to cover the amount on the items below AFTER coupons and the taxes). If there was some extra donations, I'd love to add cases of ensure and buy some more of these items. Any financial donations that you make are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
Each month, I try to buy about 25-100 of each of the following using coupons:
- shampoo, conditioners, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, body wash, tampons, pads, men's deodorant, women's deodorant, razors, shave gel
Here's an example of items purchased last August:
Our next cow is called Calliope.